Established since 1960, RUPP is considered the oldest public university in Phnom Penh which locates along Russian Federation Boulevard. It was originally the Royal Khmer University; the name got changed several times until it stopped at the Royal University of Phnom Penh in 1996.
Three Things That Make RUPP Stand Out:
- Over Thirty Departments: RUPP provides students with a wide range of departments, from six different faculties.
- Variety of Languages: Institute of Foreign Languages contains seven different international departments teaching six different languages--English, French, Japanese, Korean, Thai, and Chinese.
- Vibrant Environment: RUPP is surrounded by natural forestry vibe as it is filled with multiple kinds of plants that keep on beautifying and freshening the whole university.
To become Cambodia's flagship university in teaching, research and community services
In order to succeed in transforming the current RUPP into the flagship university of Cambodia, the mission points are as follows:
- Building competency (knowledhe, skills, values, and attitudes) for students in all education and training programs and equipping them with entrepreneuship skills, innovation skills, cross-cultural competence, and employability skills
- Becoming center of excellence for language learning and information and communication technology (ICT)
- Becoming a leading institution for Social Science and Humanities and STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education
- Enhancing research and development in all graduate programs
- Becoming the leading institution for th eprovision of high quality research, consultancy and community service
- Becoming a center of good governance in which all administrative and financial services will be accountable, transparent, and participatory to students, staff members and stakeholders
In order to acheive the mission laid out in the preceding statements, the ten goals of the university are as follows:
- Enhance teaching staff and middle-level administrative staff to hold at least master's degrees with both English and ICT competence
- Be an established center for high-quality research and publications
- Increase graduate programs and enhance academic freedom
- Increase the number of international students in all types of courses
- Enhance student and faculty exchange with universities in the ASEAN University Network (AUN) and other partner universities, including services provided to development partners and civil society organizations
- Promote integrity and a sense of belonging and ownership among students, faculty and staff
- ensure safe and sound teaching and learning environment
- Provide free information Technology (IT) support and internet access to all students and staff
- Become a resource center for teaching/learning, research and community service
- Mainstream quality assurance and evaluation mechanisms in all departments and programs
- Multipurpose Hall
- Seminar Rooms
- Multimedia Lab
- Language Lab
- Conference Room
- Korea Corner