Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities is the oldest and largest faculty at the Royal University of Phnom Penh as well as in Cambodia. Since its inception in 1960, the Faculty has been adopting its multi-approach towards social studies and research and commits to the sustainable development of socially responsible and technically competent professionals for both government and private sectors. The faculty has more than 100 academics members consisting of a wide range of research experts in various fields of social sciences and humanities. It consists of 11 departments that are currently providing Bachelor Degree in History, Khmer Literature, Linguistics, Psychology, Philosophy, Social Work, Sociology, Media and Communication, Geography and Urban Studies, Tourism, and International Business Management.
- Two libraries (Law & Economy)
- Computer room
- 5 meeting rooms
- Audit rooms for practice
- Research Center
- Sports Center
- Parking lot
Become Cambodia's premier college for teaching community research and services.
In order to successfully renovate the Royal University of Phnom Penh to become a reputable university of Cambodia, the University has the following mission:
- Build capacity (skills, skills, values and behaviors) for all students in all education and training programs and give them specialized skills, entrepreneurship, creativity, intercultural communication and work skills.
- Become a Center for Excellence for Language Learning and Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Become a leading provider of science, social and humanities and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
- Increase research and development in all graduate programs.
- Become a leading provider of high quality research, consulting and community service.
- Become a center of good governance where all administrative and financial services will be accountable, transparent, and engaged by students, staff and stakeholders.
To achieve the mission set out in the statement prior to the ten goals of the University is as follows:
- Promote teaching of middle class staff and staff to have at least a master's degree with English and ICT capabilities.
- Become the Lead Research Center for High Quality Research and Publishing.
- Increase graduation and promotion of academic freedom.
- Increase the number of international students in all fields.
Promote exchanges of students and colleges with universities in ASEAN Networks (AUN) and other partner universities, including services to development partners and civil society.
- Promote integrity and sense of ownership and ownership among students, colleges and staff.
- Ensure a safe and sound learning environment.
- Provide free IT support and access to all students and staff.
- Become a resource center for teaching / learning, research and community services.
- Quality Assurance and Appraisal Mechanisms for all parts and applications.